Nostromo, new monoblocks amplifier from Veracity Audio, that's us. Power output architecture follows approach created for Aztec, which is a no feedback of any kind high current power buffer driven by a pure classA solid state voltage amp. Nostromo however is a leap forward compared to the Aztec. High current, no feedback output buffer is driven by a single ended, no feedback vacuum tube. This grounded grid amplifier is loaded by 100H anode choke with another two 20H chokes down the PSU chain, valve rectified with 2000uF of smoothening capacitance, 120uF in polypropylene capacitors just before the anode inductor. Power buffer uses bipolars for their stable linearity. Power 110W per channel, 17W per channel in pure class A, biased at 0.75A per side. No feedback of any kind. Predominately second harmonics at full power 0.2% Nostromo is ready, however to launch it and offer it for sale we still have some work left to do on visual appearance. Check out the photos from our lab to see what's going on
Chrysalis DAC generation 12 upgrade is back on track now
I had a surgery recently and had to stop working for a few months, but recovering well and back at my lab now
Description of development & engineering for Chrysalis generation 12 upgrade:
1. Rebuilt high voltage power supply, HV transformer is changed from 40W unit to R-Core 50W unit with different AC voltage output
2. Quad15H choke B+ supply is changed to four 20H choke B+ supply
3. B+ voltage increase from 271V to 299V
4. Changes in active bias control for the triode voltage amplifier (6SN7, front valves)
5. Revised operating points for the analogue output driver triode valves (ECC82, middle row), these will be replaced with a matched pair of NOS E80CC (included)
6. Revised valve heaters circuit with additional selector on the back plate (above mains socket assembly), enabling the use of legendary Bendix 5865 rectifiers (rear pair) as a replacement for 6X5GT, the current rectifiers remain compatible (selector will be labelled)
7. Revised differential input of the front valves enabling higher voltage swing
8. Changes in R2R PCM programming (Non Over Sampling mode) in decoding part of Chrysalis (main digital board, right section of the chassis)
9. Revised left and right channel analogue power supplies for the decoding section
10. Analogue signal output capacitors are changed from Jensen CU/ALc to SUPSGO-130 Mundorf MCapSupreme Silver/Gold/Oil
11. Revised R2R (resistor/relay/shunt ladder) volume control replacing current 87steps r2r. The whole range of possible output gets divided into 128 equal steps thus enabling proportional and extremely accurate adjustment (current ladder fitted is 87 steps with logarithmic curve)
11a. Additionally the motorized variable resistor voltage divider (not in audio path) is replaced with continuously variable pulse programmer (visually no change and remote functions for volume preserved)
Optional classic red LED display can be fitted which displays the volume level from 1 to 128 in numerical fashion. Benefits:
More output current, better drive, headroom and dynamics are up
The natural detail which Chrysalis is known and unmatched by any other comparable gear- gets further, yet with the organic and balanced character of presentation.
Lowest Bass reach is improved.
Sound-stage presentation and perceived `air` in music with any recordings gets further boost
Lower or even low quality recordings are presented in `vinyl` like character, I am talking about true high-end vinyl setup, not the usual scratchy, squeaky gear called vinyl hifi
High quality recordings, including the CD Audio resolution, truly needs to be heard after this upgrade and be amazed of the result
Anyway, I had it done to mine and a number of clients
The whole re-engineering takes about a week
Several components needs to be matched individually for your machine
Testing and fine tuning time is two days
Get in touch if interested
Yes, they are big
From Gregor, first pair of Veracity Sp1 speakers is ready. Few years ago I had a concept of my own speakers based on what I learned, experimented with and made in audio engineering. This concept grew into plan. A year of testing variety of drivers, experimental crossovers and cabinets to narrow down the results. It took further three months to complete, tune and test the first pair. Time, money, ups and downs, but lots of great moments and satisfaction. Veracity Sp1 cabinets are constructed and finished by master craftsmen M. Williamson. The faceted appearance is a result of the sonic criteria for design
Basics of Veracity Sp1
From Gregor. Throughout the 2018 I worked on the upgrade to Chrysalis which now is finalised, tested and implemented, ready for the owners. Those who came forward directly to me have it already. Upgrade includes of new anode supply mains transformer, two more anode chokes (now 60Henries in four chokes B+ supply) , 4.3uF Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil output capacitors, changes in voltage and biasing. Middle row output drivers valves are changed to E80cc,. I definitely recommend that you go for it
Aztec amp images from Gregors lab. This is unit number three for Steve F. Soon he`s starting a set number four for Pete. Together with Chrysalis DAC it changes the way people listen to their music forever.
That`s power supply in progress
New Veracity power amplifiers are getting in shape now. The prototypes have been working constantly since January... getting better and better. The first pair for sale are now being assembled and the first client is waiting.
Veracity monos are fully symmetrical, no negative feedback, pure DC linear amplifiers, without a single capacitor in signal. Power is the same as for our ATUM amp- 220W per ch into 8ohm, high current delivery; 1.2kW dual choke loaded power supply. How do they sound?, well....I designed them for myself. I am selling all my SE triode amps now, so, yes these are that good. Gregor Szymczyk
PWM technology ATUM amp is now on hold, but it may come back as integrated.
Bobinga front, Copper controls, English Yew filled Copper feet. A set of top new production valves. And whats most- the sound to live for
Our new green technology valve hybrid amplifier is in the test stage now. It may take a while :). The sound, power and functionality are very promising. Gregor wants one for himself. Power 220W per channel into 8Ohms, lots of current. Pure class A driver-without NFB, yet with a dose of PFB- Double triode drives directly a 442kHz PWM modulator which in turn drives high current, super fast FETs. Totally analogue with a passive output filter which removes the HF carrier and....music happens in any speakers. Efficiency 85% - energy is not wasted.